A – DIET
I. Fresh fruit juice for five days. During this period take a glass of juice of orange or other juicy fruit diluted with water every two hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and cleanse the bowels daily with warm water enema.
II. A diet of fresh juicy fruit for further five days, with three meals a day at five-hourly intervals.
III. Thereafter, adopt a well-balanced diet on the following lines:-
1. Upon arising: A glass of lukewarm water with a half a freshly-squeezed lime and a teaspoon of honey.
2. Breakfast: Fresh fruits, a glass of milk, sweetened with honey and some seeds or nuts.
3. Lunch: A bowl of freshly-prepared steamed vegetables, two or three whole wheat chappatis and a glass of buttermilk.
4. Mid-afternoon: A glass of fruit or vegetable juice.
5. Dinner: A large bowl of fresh green vegetable salad, with lime juice dressing and sprouted mung beans. Follow it with a hot course, if desired.
AVOID: Tea, coffee, sugar, white flour and products made with them, all refined foods, fried foods and flesh foods, condiments pickles, alcoholic beverages and smoking.
Especially Beneficial: Asparagus, cabbage, carrots, garlic, onion, oats, pineapple, whole rice, tomatoes, watercress and strawberries.
B – OTHER MEASURES
1. Plenty of rest and adequate sleep.
2. Fresh air, breathing and other light exercises.
3. Ice-bag over throat and heart region.